Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Recipe Tuesday! Colder Weather = YUMMY SOUP

I prefer the Summer months. I like it when it is 100 degrees and you can head to the beach any weekend you would like. I think West Palm Beach would be a nice place to retire. Since I am about ....50 years or so from being able to do that I best enjoy wearing my double sweaters until Spring time. I don't know how you sweeties that live farther North than North Carolina handle it?
Just now touching the 30's and I am not wanting to leave the house for anything. We turned on heater today for the first time and I have had on my sweater all day!
I've been drinking my coffee all week in my preppy monogrammed travel mug. If you like Pumpkin flavor you will want to get International coffees liquid coffee creamer and store it in your fridge. (It isn't made with any transfats like the other name brands use)

I for sure need to whiten my teeth because I am so addicted to coffee.
Have any of you used crest whitening strips? Did they work?

With cooler tempetures I started craving Taco Soup and Chicken Corn Chowder.

Try these simple recipes below. I love putting them together in the morning in the crock pot and having the house smell so yummy when I get in from the office.


CHICKEN CORN CHOWDER

2 slices bacon,
diced1/2 lb. potatoes, unpeeled & diced
3 green onions
2 tbsp. flour
1 (15 or 17 oz.) can creamed corn
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts,
cubed 1 env. chicken bouillon
2 c. milk
enough cheddar cheese for your liking.......

In crockpot add all of the item listed above. Serve in bread bowls or deep soup bowls.
Season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle with diced bacon.


TACO SOUP

1 lb lean ground beef (or turkey)
1 onion, chopped
1 pkg taco seasonings
1 pkg dry Ranch seasonings
2 large cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 can Rotel tomatoes,
can black beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can whole kernel corn

Brown meat and onion. Drain. Add seasonings. Drain beans and corn. Add to meat along with tomatoes. Simmer until well blended and hot. Eat and enjoy.
Add a bit of grated cheese and sour cream to the top after serving in soup bowls.
We love this soup with Frito Lay Fritos

Both of these recipes freeze well!

Enjoy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think that White Strips do work, I haven't used them in a while and I am just starting a new pack :)